Q-par Angus Ltd has a long history of developing and manufacturing Electronic Warfare (EW) and Microwave Systems for the Airborne environment. We have supplied many of the World's leading aeronautical manufacturers and have established an enviable record for quality and performance. Customers include Boeing, NASA, BAe Systems, MoD, DoD and a plethora of overseas military and civil organisations.
Examples of Airborne projects :-
- High power beam focusing antennas for military fighter aircraft.
- Ultra wide-band spinning antenna system for UAV based electronic surveillance.
- A full suite of Radar Warning Radar Antennas, covering 0.5 to 42 GHz.
- Custom designed orthomode transducers for airborne research.
- The world's most compact 100-1300 MHz dual polar horn antenna, for meteorological research.
Q-par Angus has supplied a range of EW antenna systems for use in the ever challenging marine environment.
Examples of Maritime projects :-
- Our High Power, wide band jammer is the preferred system for one of Europe's most modern Navys. It boasts the ability to switch, almost instantaneously, between a high power horn antenna feed to an ultra high power focused signal. The rugged system has a guaranteed 40,000 switch operations between inspections.
- Q-par Angus has considerable experience in the design and manufacture of short range CWFM Monopulse systems for the automatic precision positioning of ships. This all-weather system replaced laser systems that were inoperable in poor visibility.
- The Company's latest Antenna systems have been developed for the calibration of shipborne EW equipment. The positioner provides automated optical tracking, remote polarisation change and an accuracy to 0.025 degrees. In addition, the system surpasses the challenging environmental specification, including winds of 125 Knt winds.
Q-par Angus has over 30 years experience in the production of EW and ELINT systems for land based platforms. Our portfolio includes direction finding equipment, surveillance and intelligence gathering. Equipment is normally developed in consultation with our customers to ensure that the best possible solution is achieved.
Examples of Landborne projects :-
- Lightweight, man-portable, rapid deployment systems.
- Antenna Systems with a range of polarisations, including slant, dual polar, omni.
- Custom radomes for protection against almost any environment.
- Custom designed antennas for use in confined spaces.
- Precision Positioners with continuous azimuth rotation, variable spin 0 - 1000 rpm and -20 to +20 degree elevation.
Q-par Angus regularly undertakes feasibility studies and in doing so, offers its customers cutting edge consultancy, based upon a vast pool of technical knowledge. A recent study resulted in the development of a radar that is capable of identifying debris, the size of a M6 nut, on a runway at a range of 1.5 km. Many of our systems are field proven and deployed to operational theatres around the Globe.
Concept Demonstrators / Rapid Prototyping
Q-par Angus has the agility and flexibility to rapidly turn your concepts into working demonstrators. A recent request for a signal jammer, for Forces under threat from Improvised Explosive Devices, saw a working prototype produced in under 3 days. Q-par's astonishing ability to convert their customers' ideas into tested prototypes is only possible through the close collaboration of the company's microwave scientists, design office, precision workshop staff and test laboratory.
New Range Of Sinuous & Spiral Antennas
Q-par Angus is pleased to announce a new range of printed antennas. The antennas operate over 0.4 - 4 GHz, 2 - 18 GHz and 18 - 40 GHz bands. The sinuous antennas operate over 0.4 - 4 GHz and 2 - 18 GHz bands. The range includes Circularly Polarised, Linear and Dual Polarised antennas.