We design, develop and manufacture microwave systems and antennas for use within 1 GHz to 100 GHz but are not constrained to these parameters. All systems and antennas are simulated prior to development and thoroughly tested throughout prototyping and manufacture to meet the highest specifications for military and civil applications.
Our customer requirements are numerous and diverse; these are a few recent examples :-
- Suites of antennas to meet DO160 HiRF aerospace testing 0.4 – 18 GHz
- An elaborate waveguide distribution & power splitting system to drive RF/electron accelerator cavities.
- Positioners for the smallest antenna to robust outdoor positioners in the harshest of environments.
- Monopulse systems for precision RADAR.
- Frequency selective surfaces for RADAR and radomes.
- Microwave Engineering Consultancy
- We have experience of most areas of microwave engineering. Examples include :- design of microwave antenna systems for HiRF EMC testing, consultancy on microwave heating systems.
- EW Capabilities
- We have produced EW systems and components since 1973. Few companies can match our experience in the design and construction of EW antenna systems. Our products have a proven reputation for being innovative, mechanically proven and electrically superb.
- Antennas are the bedrock of our engineering capabilities. Some of our specialities include: horn antennas, reflector antennas, omni antennas, high power systems, radar antennas and many others.
- Q-par Angus has designed and developed a vast array of standard and bespoke RF and microwave components over the years including Filters, Ortho Mode Transducers, Phase Shifters, Attenuators, Polarisers, etc.
- Q-par Angus design and write their own software mainly for their range of Antenna Positioners, and to drive electronics for other bespoke customer project uses. We also offer a simple freely available Microwave Antenna Design Calculator.
- Radar Systems
- Q-par Angus Ltd has produced both primary and secondary radar, operating from HF to EHF, for civil and military users with host platforms upon ground, sea, airborne and space-based systems.
- Design Skills
- Design tools such as CST, Solidworks and other CAD software, improve the quality and timescale of product development and demonstrate the company’s commitment to provide a first class design service.
- Antenna System Refurbishment
- With the global recession, companies are looking to repair old or obsolete systems rather than buy new. Also a manufacturer may have moved out of the business so the antenna is unsupported, and antenna/system performance is curtailed when maintenance/calibration isn't possible.
- Our company has extensive facilities including Microwave Laboratory, Electronics and Software, & Workshop. In addition, we have further capabilities in etching, ion deposition and electroforming.
- New/Recent Changes
- Mechanical Design (Julian Robbins) Feb 20, 2013 Q-par Angus has a strong background in mechanical design, underpinning our antenna positioner and antenna design facilities. Many of our designs are bespoke, requiring a dedicated team to provide high quality engineering solutions. Q-par Angus uses a mixture of design and analysis tools for its mechanical design including Solidworks, Cosmos and FEA amongst others.
- Microwave Antenna Calculator Instructions (Julian Robbins) Apr 30, 2012 Notes on how to read and use our Microwave Antenna Calculator. Please follow the link below to download this calculator for free.